Sunday, October 25, 2009

culture shock

This week for our Beah reading guide writing assignment we wrote about culture shock. I said that the closest thing to a culture shock that I have ever experienced would have been coming to Muncie for school. I have heard a lot of people say that they do not think Muncie is a big town, but compared to where I come from, it is. My town is called Pine Village, the name alone explains a lot. There are 250 people in a town, and I know them all. Whenever I go out in public throughout the whole county I tend to see a lot of people I know. Sometimes I like going out and seeing people I know but then again sometimes it just feels like you cannot escape these people. Another thing that stinks about a small town is everyone knows your business. Our county just got its first stop light, but it is only temporary. Coming here was a big difference for me, but I also feel like it has opened my eyes to a lot of new things and ideas that I would have never known unless I left my small town. After I am done with school, I can see myself moving back to my small town, or close to it.

1 comment:

  1. No stoplights in my hometown...and I used to work in Chicago. Talk about a culture shock!

    ReplyDelete